North Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of Fellow Motorcycle Riders
After a motorcycle accident in North Carolina, you will have your choice of legal representation. Why should you make The Motorcycle Law Group – The Firm That Rides® – the first legal team that you call? We think the answer is easy once you get to know us just a little bit more.
Why you should call The Motorcycle Law Group now:
- As The Firm That Rides®, we have firsthand experience dealing with all of the challenges that motorcyclists face each day, such as dangerous road conditions and less-than-helpful insurance companies.
- Thanks to our convenient office in Raleigh, we make it easy to get help from a local legal team, no matter where you call home in North Carolina.
- We have decades of experience representing injured motorcyclists in all sorts of cases, including those that other law firms would not take due to the challenge.
Attorney Tyler Stiles is the lead attorney in our Raleigh office. Not only does he have a unique background as a former public defender, which prepared him for the most rigorous arguments in court, but he also works on his ride in his garage quite frequently. This combination of keen legal experience and a genuine love for motorcycles makes him one of the most trustworthy motorcycle accident lawyers in the state.
Motorcycle-Related Laws in North Carolina
Motorcycle laws and statutes are different in each state, and they can and often do directly influence how a motorcycle accident claim develops. In North Carolina, these laws affect whether motorcyclists can drive side-by-side in a single lane, use high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) or carpool lanes while carrying a single rider, and what types of modifications they can have on their bikes. The laws also determine which motorcycle riders need to wear helmets and take other safety precautions.
Knowing and understanding these regulations is important for riders, and not just to ensure you don’t get pulled over. If you were to get into an accident while doing something North Carolina law deems “illegal,” it could negatively impact your chance of winning compensation.
We have a full understanding of North Carolina’s motorcycle-related laws and how they could impact your case. When we are on your side and working on the case, you can forget about the nuances of the law and leave it all up to us. As part of our service to motorcycle riders in North Carolina, we maintain up-to-date, annotated versions of state laws and statutes for North Carolina, as well as several other states where we practice.
Catastrophic Injuries in Motorcycle Accident Cases
Motorcycle accidents also frequently involve catastrophic injuries, a specific category of injury with which many personal injury lawyers aren’t closely familiar. On the other hand, our North Carolina motorcycle accident attorneys have working relationships with a variety of medical specialists, accident reconstruction professionals, and expert witnesses who we can call on to assist with your case. The goal is to prove the severity of your injury and just how much damage and loss it has caused.
Life-changing injuries often suffered by motorcyclists can include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash
- Joint injury
- Soft tissue injury
What You Should Know About Motorcycle Injury Cases
Motorcycle injury and wrongful death cases are governed by most of the same laws that apply to car and truck accident injury cases. However, there are some significant additional challenges your legal team needs to overcome.
Specific circumstances that can arise in a motorcycle accident case include:
- Juror bias: Many drivers have either a conscious or unconscious bias against riders of all types. This means juries are often predisposed to rule against the injured motorcyclist. The average juror who drives a car doesn’t appreciate just how much of a rider’s attention is focused on accident prevention. They don’t understand evasive maneuvers and may be confused at some actions you took in an attempt to protect yourself.
- Greater likelihood for litigation: The majority of auto accidents cases don’t make it to trial but are instead settled during pre-trial negotiations with the other driver’s insurance company. But insurers are more willing to take a motorcycle accident claim to court because they know that litigation could be unfairly tipped in their favor due to juror bias.
The North Carolina motorcycle attorneys at The Motorcycle Law Group know how to counter these questionable arguments because our lawyers are dedicated riders. We’ve seen all the insurance company strategies firsthand and secondhand, so we truly know how best to fight them. Our lawyers also know how to humanize you to get the jury to empathize and understand you rather than root against you.
Questions to Ask Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When you begin interviewing attorneys to represent you in your motorcycle injury accident or motorcycle wrongful death case, we encourage you to ask relevant motorcycle-related questions. You should know upfront if they have the right insight and background to fully understand everything that goes into your case. Wagering your recovery and future wellbeing on a lawyer who has dedicated no or very little time to motorcycle cases could be a terrible mistake.
When speaking with an attorney, ask these questions and more:
- How many motorcycle riders have you represented?
- In your experience, what are some of the challenges facing riders in court?
- How will you counter the jury’s inherent bias against motorcycle riders?
- Are you an avid rider or have you ridden a motorcycle before?
Want to know our answers to these questions? Call The Motorcycle Law Group at (855) 529-7433 now.
More Than Just Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Yes, we are highly experienced motorcycle accident attorneys here at The Motorcycle Law Group. But we are also motorcyclists with years of riding experience. This unique perspective immediately connects our attorneys to our clients and what they have been through. You never have to worry about whether we are taking your case seriously or if we genuinely care about your future because you know that we do from day one. Our attorneys are used to tough cases, so hand yours to us now.
Best & Worst Places to Ride in North Carolina
North Carolina offers motorcyclists some exceptional rides, like the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap), which crosses from Tennessee into southwestern North Carolina. But, if you are a safety-focused motorcycle rider, then you might want to know less about the views a route offers and more about the risk of getting into an accident there.
According to a 2014 study by AAA based on North Carolina counties:
- Counties with the most motorcycle accidents: Graham, Transylvania, Macon, Madison, and Swain
- Counties with the greatest chance of any vehicle collision (collisions per capita): Pitt, New Hanover, Person, Watauga, and Union
- Counties with the lowest chance of a vehicle collision: Swain, Haywood, Currituck, Camden, and Polk
Call the Powerful Advocates for North Carolina Riders
As The Firm That Rides®, we work tirelessly to ensure that your right to ride is protected after a motorcycle collision. Our attorneys believe in the importance of making sure that every rider feels safe on the roads of North Carolina, but this can’t happen if injury claims are unanswered and unfulfilled. By holding negligent drivers accountable and fighting their insurance providers head-on, we want to not only win your claim but also reinforce your confidence that you can ride safely in the future.
Decades of Experience
Our firm has been representing personal injury clients for over 30 years.
We Put Clients First
We make ourselves available after hours and on weekends for our clients. We'll get back to you the same day, even on holidays.
Giving Back to the Community
Our team is proud to support causes close to the motorcycling community as well as educate lawmakers on causes that impact riders and donate part of attorney fees to motorcycle rights for legislation.
We're a Firm That Rides
As avid motorcycle riders, each attorney with our firm understands the unique situations that motorcyclists face every day on the road.
Personable attorneys with expertise in personal injury and a specialty in motorcycle accidents.” - DJ Stephens
“I had contacted the office looking for help, and Matt Danielson and Daisha Schwear went above and beyond to assist me with my case. They made me feel very relieved, kept me up to date on everything, and I would without a doubt use them again. I wasn't able”- Andrew Day
“After being involved in a very serious accident with multiple injuries. My husband and I called on Matt Danielson for advice. It was the best call we ever made. From that moment on the only thing we had to do was concentrate on healing. Matt and his team t”- Christine Turner